Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Tired Swinging



Spinning, Whirling
Joining of skin - like rubber
And pavement
Newly scented tread soon
Gives way to beaten black.

Whirling faster
Touching…pulling away
Half of me then
Whole of me
Halfofmewholeofme
Parting, never going back
Quite that way.

Removed
Discarded
Alone…until
we play
And I again am whirling in the wind.

Then forgotten again,
Grass curling through
Around me and I am becoming
Part of the ground

Deflated and curled in a ball
Pillow soaked
Tears still flowing
I could sink – become rolled in this bed.

Until lips find me
Lips and teeth
Leave this mark on me
Leave me dizzy
In this jealous battering
Of love?

Like?
Spinning, twirling
Tossed in the air
Waiting for the hard ground.




(still in the editing process, so please comment and contribute ideas/criticism)

No comments:

Post a Comment