Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The end of fairy tales

You tell yourself that you don't need or want anyone because you can do well enough on your own. Then you read your fairy tales and think about all of those happy endings...and it dawns on you. Those people are not alone, enjoying their happy ending all by themselves. They will never lack someone to talk to, where I am stuck talking to a page and writing about everyone else's utter joy.
That is where those fairy tales get me. In reality, men are not like that; you are lucky if they ever take an interest in you, let alone stay with you. So how can I among anyone expect the man that only lives in fairy tales? This may be the end for me...before I even began, simply because what I want is not possible.
The problem is that right now, I am wasting my life writing about the fairy tale I will never live yet again. Is that not what I do every day? I write stories. Stories about how my life will never turn out, about where I will never live, people who I will never meet. So I spend the rest of the time looking over my shoulder, along street corners, at the tinted windows of a passing car, in hopes that they are looking for me too. They are not.
Thought for the day: think about something else.

1 comment:

  1. hey i know how you feel..i love my bf and he is a great guy but with all i've been through its hard for me to trust him completely. especially when i have feeling he is still hung up on someone else and he tells me he's not and its hard to believe him and i know he means it but its hard because i knew the way he felt about her and the things he used to do for her..i don't know im having a hard time with it all.. especially trying to explain it on here..

    ReplyDelete