Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flashback

Freeze.
An image from, only two years ago. She's laughing, thin (well, thinner than me), and she's just about as pretty as someone like her can get. I envy her.
I envy me. I don't remember being particularly happy that year. I honestly don't remember much about it, just that it was a very different day than today. I almost wished I had not seen those pictures. How did I get like this, if I had once been like that. Yes, life changes, but I shouldn't make myself change with life. Right? There should be a foundation, a stability point that I should be able to circle around. I just don't have that kind of determination....
which is sad, i suppose. I can't blame others when they go with the tide, I just would hope better of myself. See?
Not that I wish I were someone else; that's not it at all. I'm just searching for the better me. The problem is that I found her in the past...not the future. I'm sensing major changes.
On the better side of news today: I am having a poem published :) it's not too huge of a deal, but it's my first! So, needless to say, I'm psyched!
Thought for the day: In what period of time is your best self? If they are in the past, maybe it's time to touch base with them in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment