Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

just say yes

I feel that I must get opinions upon matters that confuse and irritate me. In many aspects, I suppose I don't trust my own judgment, but after some thought, I think I have realized something. I think that I must try to understand why I have these feelings and not only evaluate the facts. The facts are important and often determine the appropriateness of the reaction; however, if something makes you feel very strongly, then you must assume that there is reasoning behind it.
I personally thought that I was just downright crazy. But I must have chosen to take on this person's confusion which, because I was so involved, was not entirely my fault. Now I am unsure of my own self. No one has the right to make you unsure of yourself. Know that. Memorize it. Live it.
That person may just think that I am crazy right now. But I am only looking for answers to keep the confusion at bay. To move past it, I must only make the decision to, and not waste my mind away.
So here I am talking to you, whoever you are, trying to avoid a mental breakdown. If you have never experienced such confusion or have never been on the recieving end of this sort of treatment, read this and learn to empathize.
Rules can be a very good thing. But if they do not allow you to ever act upon feeling, there is something lacking...or too much there. If you completely avoid an experience, person, way of life, you will never know if you like it or not. That sucks. That is no way to live.
 I have recently realized that I just hate it when people say no to me. For any reason really. I know that it may seem childish, but don't ever just say no. Have you ever seen the movie "Yes Man"? In this movie, a man that normally says no, is made to say yes to just about everything. This causes him to actually have a life and to experience amazing things that he never would have had the opportunity to experience had he stopped it before it happened.
Thought for the day: go with the flow and do not say "no" right away. Try saying "yes" to more things and maybe you'll be happier with your life for it.

1 comment: