Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Let us consider for a moment....

...The Couch under my butt. My laziness has appalled me today, but for once, I would like to rest on someone. So, my dear Couch, you are a savior to me. 
Although, I do not seem a terribly optimistic person, I have my ways of bringing you up that might make sense only to me. If I seem harsh, cold, too practical, or too detached, it is because I feel that you must stand on your own. It is a lesson that I have learned over a long period of time, that I would like to make shorter for you. 
I have found, in my vast amount of years on this Earth (hehe), that there is nothing worse than relying on other people. They will say the most wonderful things, introduce wonderful ideas of how good they will be to you, what fun you'll have....then drop you on your soft behind until you've become so bruised, you will even find the softness of your bed not quite adequate. 
So, friends, I now introduce the idea of holding a pillow under you, so that when you fall, you will not bruise quite so hard. Do not believe, without copious amounts of proof, that you can lean on a person. If you need someone right now, a shoulder to cry on, I would get a dog (cats break under this sort of pressure). 
In order to hold up on your own and not lay trust on every living, breathing creature, you must build yourself up. If you need someone to speak to, you will find that the different sections of your mind become quite interesting opinions and make for wonderful conversation. You will also find that you make a great cheerleading squad all by yourself. 
Now as you're reading this, I am certain that by now you're thinking me quite mad, and possibly phoning my mother or any institution that may help. Please consider, friends, that this is an extremist attitude that does not have to last forever, but is helpful in the first stages of partitioning off. After a certain amount of time, you can become a "one-man army" that doesn't just trust every single person on the street. 
An important note to make also: actual trustworthy people (completely hypothetical) who encounter people who have been practicing this attitude for a long time: climbing these walls WILL take time and effort. That is the whole purpose of having this attitude. Only the TRUE good eggs will actually make it into your life. 


Thought for the day: Be more supportive of yourself. Don't look to others to bring you up if you can't rely on yourself to give it a good go.

No comments:

Post a Comment