Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Salty Eyes


I said I would never
Give myself away
That I would always be mine
To love and cherish.
Then you happened.
And I saw your eyes
And I kissed your smile
And I don’t know where I went.

Then you left me
As suddenly as you came
And I am lost.
These pathways I tread
Are supposed to keep me happy.
I never thought of you
In my plan.

This ink has spilt all over
The blueprints of my life
I cannot remember
The coordinates
And I am lost at sea.

You have muddled the shape
Of the constellations
And the North Star
Has veered off to the South.

I paddle my oars
In panic
But there is no shore in sight
And my map has fallen into the
Salty sea
That I fear I might have created.

Do not bother coming back
Because I would rather
Die here
Not knowing where I am
Than being drowned by you
In your eyes,
That I lost myself in.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of a war between sticking to what I am used to and just diving in. This is what I fear will happen when I try diving in.

    ReplyDelete