Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, October 31, 2011

My published poem...


Read me

How can one assign a voice to words?
How can one know what we sound like?
If there should be a slight pause there
More emphasis here?
The voice that one chooses might drip with color
But a color that has nothing to do with meaning.
I could look like bright ripe cherries filling an orchard,
When in fact I’m on a boat out on
The churning sea that has not seen a cherry in weeks.
No,
I think you should just look at us
With our delicate lettering
Our mysteries that are different
Depending on how black one’s coffee was this morning,
The article in one’s favorite news column,
How soft one’s pajamas were
The night before.
All of these things are accounted for
With the slightly confused,
Smug, bored, sad, thrilled, or angry
Look on your face when you read me.



This is my published poem. I have put it up on my blog because I am not making money when the book sells...if you Are interested in buying the compilation book of poems: "From a Window: Balance" . Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment