Copyright

Creative Commons License
What I Would Do To Avoid A Mental Breakdown by Janna Herchenroder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1,2,3, now decide!

Sorry, it just isn't that easy. My entire life I knew what I wanted to be. I did not care how hard it would be to achieve; when people pointed out the obstacles, my resolve would harden further. I guess all of those observations finally hit me, just now.
Those stairs look too steep to climb; my calves burn just peering at them from all the way down here.
The water looks too cold; how do they expect me to dive in to the deep end when I cannot see the bottom. Perhaps sticking a toe in will do...
Meanwhile, the clock is ticking. I cannot be called old, but that does not mean that I will not become old trying. I will spend years of my life that have not already been forced out of me in grades 1-12 trying to reach the ever-mysterious goal of being happy. Because right now I am not. I am not completely unhappy, but I sure could name a few things that would make me happy. Namely; being filthy rich, or even just rich enough that I will never have to worry about falling behind again. I am running the stress gauntlet and I am hoping to God that there is a stress free light on the other end.
Meanwhile, I am stuck in the middle of the gauntlet and scared out of my mind that this is all there is.
Thought for the day: find something to do that makes you happy; forget about everything but the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment